Wednesday 8 April 2009

When all else fails!! pray and garden

Yesterday my father went into hospital for surgery to remove a growth from behind his prostate gland. The surgery went extremely well and by the evening Dad was back on his ward recovering. I know that his recovery was aided by all the prayers being uttered and expressed on his behalf from family, friends and even by my 'twitter' friends.


Karl with my Mum and Dad - taken Christmas 2008
But even so when it came to 2.30pm, the time for his surgery, I really didn't know what to do with myself so decided to partake in my father's favourite past time - gardening. So off into the garden I went - digging, weeding and re-planting some of my plants.

a blurred ladybird
a white Dicentra Spectabilis - Alba
a red Dicentra Spectabilis -Bleeding Heart ready to be planted in one of the beds.

Before I knew it an hour or so had past by and when I phoned my mother she informed me that all was well and that they were waiting to transfer Dad back to his ward.

Thank you, Lord.

And, oh yes, Karmen was a great comfort to me!!! she slept the whole day :)

11 comments:

Buskitten said...

Oh Judith, I didn't know your dad was unwell - thank goodness the surgery went well and the very best of wishes for his speedy recovery and return home. Yes, prayers, gardening and pussycats are a very good combination! xxx

Judi said...

Judith
Oh I'm so happy your father's surgery went well and now on to healing and getting better.

Your flowers and plants are beautiful and the darling little lady bug. I can't wait until we see some of those...in a couple of months yet.

Your kitty looks much like my Kelly did...cute.

have a lovely day
Judi

SmilingSally said...

God is good, and I'm glad that your father is recovering.

A Scattering said...

Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. In some ways we are always children, aren't we?

That Karmen is a little scamp - too cute!

Ali said...

glad all is well with dad, and your garden looking lovely is a real bonus!

Deb said...

love the ladybug, of course you knew I would! Gardening is great therapy

Anonymous said...

Dear Judith, I'm so glad your dad is doing OK. I hope you and your family have a wonderful birthday!

Sue said...

Hi Judith, I am so glad you had a good report about your father. Gardening always relaxes me,Please keep us posted on his progress. Thank you for sharing.
Wishing you and your family a most blessed and happy Easter.
Sue

Janet said...

I am so pleased to hear that your Dad's op went well.
My plan this week-end, is to work in my garden. Autumn is here in full force and things are looking a little messy!
Have a lovely week-end and a Blessed Easter.

quiltcat said...

Hi Judith. I'm so glad your father's surgery went well. Gardening is a wonderful way to soothe the worried mind...and to get close to God. I hope your father has a speedy and uncomplicated recovery!

Rhondi said...

Hi Judith
I am glad to hear your father's surgery went well. I find gardening is a wonderful to relax and stay calm.
Happy Easter.
Hugs, Rhondi