Wednesday 24 December 2008

Advent Prayer


I read this prayer on the Advent website, which you can go to by clicking on the wreath in the sidebar, and was particularly drawn to the last two lines as it quotes the title of my blog.


Oh, King of us all.

I find myself standing before your strength and splendor watching, waiting and filled with total joy.
You have lifted my mind in hope.
Now help me to open my life to the coming of the Spirit.

I want to be like Mary, your mother.
Her wonderful courage and strength - inspire me to do the same.
She simply said Yes and the impossible was done.

Thank you for this Advent journey.
The anticipation has filled my life and made me long for a closer relationship with you.
My life gets so busy that I forget to focus.
Thank you for guidance.
Thank you for the quiet moments when I have felt your love.
Nothing will be impossible with God.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Merry Christmas to you all, we hope Santa is good to you, and you have a great day

Ali et al x

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this lovely prayer.

Pat said...

Beautiful prayer...It touched my heart.