Sunday 14 December 2008

Photos of church this morning

Yes, I am a Salvationist but I currently worship at Christ Church in my role as Workplace & Community Chaplain. I was licenced by the Bishop of Barking to minister within the church and the congregation back in February 2005, although I have been working/ministering alongside Revd David Pearson since September 2004.


I just love the Church its a plain ordinary building, nothing special, no outstanding features but then the 'church' is not the building but the people who worship inside and I love them too; especially their desire to be a 'light' showing and demonstrating God's love within the community known as Thames View.
"The true call of a Christian is not to do extraordinary things, but to do ordinary things in an extraordinary way." Dean Stanley

3 comments:

Buskitten said...

Hi Judith,
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog, and leaving such lovely comments. I am very new to all this 'blogging' business, but I'm really enjoying it, and I've 'met' some extremely nice people.
I love your blog, it's a life-afriming place to visit, and I enjoy all the quotes and texts you have included.
Your little pudcat is adorable! Such a wee little thing, so precious. As you may have seen on my blog, I live with Bob, Magic and Bacon - I am but their humble slave!
I look forward to coming back to visit you again,
Best Wishes,
Liz

Judith said...

Thanks for popping by Liz and for doubling my followers from 1 to 2!! lol I have also become a follower of you...

Janet said...

Hello ... from a VERY sunny South Africa! Thank goodness the office is airconditioned! Thinking of you in the wet and cold!
With love
Janet x