Saturday 7 March 2009

Boys and their toys

It has been rather a busy but enjoyable few days and I shall endeavour this afternoon to catch up with everyone. In the meantime I thought I would share these two pictures with you of my husband, Nigel.

When we first met in 1979 Nigel was driving a little blue mini, which we both loved and we had the little mini for the next eight years.. we went everywhere in - this photo was taken on our honeymoon in 1981 in Scotland.

Then came the 'sensible' years - cars that would accommodate family, work etc but now that isn't a necessity and, at nearly 50, Nigel's gone back to a 'fun' car again, which is a Fiat 500 and doesn't he look happy!!!

This car has 'bluetooth' which means it syncs with his phone and he just has to say press a button on the steering wheel and say 'call Judith Schultz' and a very nice lady replies 'call Judith Schultz now?' and he says 'Yes' and my phone rings!! At the moment this feature in the car is a novelty and I get phone call every time he's out driving in the car!! not that I'm complaining :)

11 comments:

Buskitten said...

Oh wow! Cooler than a cool thing! I don't think it's just bous, Judith! I am quite a classic car geek! I love the mini (have you seen the prices they go for now on ebay!!) and I love the new 500 too, very very cool cars, Nigel has excellent taste! When we're in Italy, we see many of the original 500's still going strong. In fact, I have my beady eye on a restored one which is a very good price - but I'm unsure about insurance / registering it, and how to legally get it back here, it's very nice, though!

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

Such lovely minis. It's juts that we cannot fit in there.. thanks fro sharing this photos..

SmilingSally said...

That sounds like a fun car! Thanks for sharing.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Judith,
Nice minis! When hubby and I got married, we had a red mini; but it was his mother's car on loan because we had lost our own car in an accident. I really like the white car. Have a nice day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Karen said...

I still have memories of frequently pushing mums ageing lime green mini around Gants Hill roundabout which thankfully wasn't quite so busy as it is now!

Anonymous said...

Love the 'go faster' stripes. Very important as we get a little bit older, improves the image no end!
Happy motoring!

Cherdecor said...

I love the mini. I wish they had such cars around here. The Blue tooth is fabulous!

Ali said...

I know this si a bit off topic Judy, but I hope those seeds you had responsibility for have survived the week. I know the children will be anxious ...

A Scattering said...

Who or what is more adorable? The hubby or the Fiat!

Judith said...

Karen - I seem to remember always having to stop whenever your mother spotted any horse manure in the road and we would have to shovel it into the boot of her car for her rose beds - for other readers there was a bag or bucket into which we shovelled it into!!

My name is Riet said...

Oh wow, that sounds so interesting. We had a mini once, many , more than 40 years ago.