Tuesday 31 March 2009

Two old ladies meet for lunch

Ali's photo came out better than mine so the one above will have to do until I get a copy from Ali.

Well we've met!! and what a wonderful time. Thankfully Ali knows Tottenham Ct Road and Oxford Street better than me (from her previous life!!) and we were able to have lunch in Garfunkel's, followed by a stroll then tea at Costa Coffee. Actually it felt like having lunch with a friend I've known for years rather then someone I've met via blogger :)

On the train home I thought to myself - I think we've covered and talked about every area of life within four hours - do you think that's a woman thing? we can cover pregnancy, varicose veins, work, family and Obama all in one conversation :) Obama will be flying into Stanstead Airport as Ali will be flying out.

Ali also very generously presented me with these gifts - a beautiful t-towel and mug - thanks Ali. Great to meet you and hopefully Nigel & I can visit you and Graham over in Belfast.

12 comments:

SmilingSally said...

That had to be a special treat.

My name is Riet said...

That must have been a wonderful day.

Deb said...

that is so nice, love the photo you picked! great gifts too

mike said...

Oh it sounds like a wonderful visit, great company and conversation over lunch and coffee.....such fun!

Ali said...

you terror ... posting my photo on the internet like that! By the way folks,Judy is the one on the left

A Scattering said...

Kindred spirits, spurred on by lunch and tea.... sounds like the beginning of a good read!

Nancy said...

What a treat! I hope to "meet" some blogging friends soon, too.

Janet said...

now isn't that a treat? What thoughtful gifts - and yes, us girls can chat about all sorts! Glad you had a good time!

Pluto said...

I'm sure that with time (and perhaps some therapy) you'll recover from meeting Ali. It's much worse having to work with her!

Rhondi said...

Hi Judith
You met a blogging friend too! Isn't it fun? I'm glad you had a good time. It's amazing how close we can get with our blog friends.
Hugs, Rhondi

quiltcat said...

That's a funny photo that you picked! It sounds like you had a wonderful time...i've had some delightful meetings with friends who i've met on the internet. And yes, i think it's a woman-thing to be able to cover so many topics in such comforting detail together.

Deanna said...

I can tell you that meeting a fellow blogger has been so wondeful for me. And it's true...woman can cover all catagories of their lives in a short space of time.

I'm so thrilled that you had a great time!

Deanna :D